Teen Horizons mission is to change lives of area youth through positive friendships!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of THCO! If you want to learn more about the different ways you can help out around THCO…Click on the VOLUNTEER button, and thanks in advance for supporting Teen Horizons Christian Outreach.
Check out THCO’s upcoming events and trips! Just click on the UPCOMING EVENTS button and just like that you will be in the know!
Here at THCO we are blessed to have individuals, businesses, and foundations support us in our mission and vision to change the lives of area youth through positive friendships. Click on the DONATE button and see how your financial support makes a difference in our communities and beyond.
Teen Horizons Christian Outreach is a non-profit organization whose mission to change the lives of area youth through music and positive friendships Teen Horizons Christian Outreach is unaffiliated with a single church or denomination and as such seeks to partner with, either long or short-term, other Christian-based youth organizations, local church communities, and other non-profit groups to build positive friendships, cooperative music concerts and events, and a caring and Christian environment to the youth of Wabash County. Teen Horizons Christian Outreach is committed to working with and reaching out to youth in order to create and maintain multi-leveled, layers of support and care that deal with issues that affect teenagers.
Teen Horizons Christian Outreach has begun to fulfill its mission and goals by launching a monthly, Christian music concert and snacks that is available at no cost to youth, providing mentor services to area youth and training to qualified adults, and having conversations with area churches and nonprofit organizations around the issues which negatively impact the lives of teenagers. The following is a list of the services that Teen Horizons Christian Outreach can offer to the community if we are granted permission to have a low power radio station.We will have:
1) Training available to teenagers on the various aspects of developing, running, and maintaining a radio station including broadcasting, software and programming requirements, and hardware maintenance.
2) Assistance from experts and programming on social issues such as bullying for youth and parents to help provide information and resources for situations in which they are struggling and need help.
3) Weekly radio show from an area pastor discussing selected Bible passages in depth that can help to encourage youth and the issues that they face in their lives.
4) Christian programs designed to enrich the lives of youth and young persons.
5) Music that will feature Christian bands with which Teen Horizons Christian Outreach has partnered in bringing concerts to the Wabash County area.
6) Programs with resources for parents and caregivers on creating, maintaining, and building relationships with the youth in their lives.
< 7) Opportunities for local Christian and non-profit organizations, whose mission aligns with that of Teen Horizons Christian Outreach, to develop programs.
8) A calendar of Christian and public service activities that promote positive relationships and/ or life enrichment in the area.